Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday 10-11-07

For any of you golfers out there, you know the feeling when you hit the ball well. It is what keeps you coming back for more. The club face makes contact with the ball in the "sweet" spot and the sound is perfect...just a solid "tink" and the ball travels straight and true. Well, this is the way I feel when I have a good run and it has been a while since I felt that way. This morning I had that feeling after my tempo run for the week. It was a great run; 6.7 miles in 61 minutes. I had misgivings about the run before I started because I ran last night and when I went to bed, I was feeling sore and tired. Praise God for the strength to run this morning!
How was that for melodrama! Maybe a little, but it was a great experience and it motivates me to push on toward the marathon goal.

No comments: