Saturday, October 6, 2007

Saturday 10-6-07

I am really getting into the meat of my marathon training schedule now. Today is supposed to be a 12 mile easy run. Next week has two days of fast runs in the 6-8 mile range. So, you can see, it is time to see what I am made of. Well, the run today did little to boost my confidence concerning my ability to complete a marathon. The run went poorly, to say the least. My plans were to run the Riverwalk starting at Rotary Park and heading south for 6 miles and then back. I was prepared for the weather with my Camelbak (temp was in the mid 70s with high humidity). From the first steps, I knew it was going to be a long run. My legs felt like lead and my side hurt. That is the way things went for the entire run. And to make matters worse, my left shoulder pain came back and nagged me most of the run. To sum it up, this was not one of my better runs. I hope I can bounce back and keep up the training but this was a lousy excuse for a marathon prepping run. On the bright side, though, this was a great course and made running much easier. Up until now, I have been running on the streets and dodging out-of-control drivers. This gets old, especially once you get really tired.

No comments: