Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday 9-29-07

We started the day in McDonough, GA where our son, Steven, was competing in a duathlon. This was a sprint length consisting of a 5K run, 14 mile bike and another 5K run. He did pretty well finishing in 1:36, third in his age group. He is excited and we are proud.

After a two hour nap this afternoon and watching Alabama play a sorry half of football, I took off for a run. My training schedule for today called for a 10-11 mile run. I debated whether to do that today or wait and do it on Sunday. So, I left the house thinking I might not run far. As I ran, though, I realized I needed a small victory today to prove something to myself. I hurt in several places, including my left foot, my left groin and side. I decided to forge ahead and by the time I got to the Riverwalk I had run over 4 miles and was feeling better. As a matter of fact, I got my second wind on the river and decided to run far enough to make it an out and back 11 mile run. On the way back my legs started feeling the effects but I kept up the pace. I ended up running about 10.7 miles in 1:36 which is as little better than a 9 minute pace. YES!

No comments: