Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday 2-25-07

The rains came this morning but I managed to get out and do 4.5 miles in 42:00, 9:20 pace. This course around Lakebottom has a monster hill going back up 17th St. For all you Columbus natives, you know this hill beside Columbus HS. It is over 1/2 mile long and deceptive. As you look up the hill you see what looks like the top but when you get there (where Wildwood Ave crosses) you still have more uphill to go! A cruel reality for someone struggling like me. Someday I will get to where this hill won't kill me. Not now, however.
I have a little pain in my right heel/achilles. I attribute this to the severe out turning of this foot. When it lands on the ground it is pointing out at an approximate 15 degree angle. I can exaggerate my step to turn my foot back in but it feels quite unnatural. For all you blogging podiatrists out there, what is this condition called and how do I address this? A good page for information on running ailments... http://www.drpribut.com/sports/sportframe.html

Went to church at our home church, Morningside Baptist.

No comments: