Monday, June 11, 2007

Saturday 6-9-07

The big day for the Ft. Benning Triathlon is here. This will be my first tri and hopefully I am prepared enough to have a respectable finish. My son, Steven, and I did the first two events together. He decided not to do the last event which was the swim.

The event was well attended with over 200 participants. This was a "sprint length" reverse with a 3.1 mile run, 12.2 mile bike and 550 m swim. I ran a 25:30 run, 46:00 bike and the swim was ?. Thanks to Ft. Benning personnel for a well planned event. It was a good first event for me and I plan to do more. I was certainly motivated to train harder and be better prepared the next time; especially as I passed the little 10 year-old blonde haired girl on the cruiser bike half way through the bike portion. I rationalized she was only doing the bike and had started several minutes before me. Who knows? I do know I was out-matched by a majority of the other racers. I can definitely get better.

No comments: