Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wednesday 2-6-08

The Masters' Swimming program continues at the Y at 5:00 am. We had a fun class today; we are starting to do back stroke which few swimmers know how to do. I have always enjoyed doing back stroke. I was an AAU area champion in this stroke back in the day; WAY back in the day when I was still in grade school. This class is going to help my swimming tremendously. I will comment on anyone who has gotten swimming advice from online swim coaches; use caution not to get bad advice. I remember following the advice of a coach a couple of years ago that has messed up my swimming. I developed some bad habits that are proving tough to break. One is the tendency to hold my head too deep in the water; this creates too much drag and slows you down. The other is the advice to use your legs sparingly if you are doing triathlons. I am having a tough time learning how to kick and getting my legs in shape. This has got to help my running strength! Each class finds me in better shape and less whupped when it is over.

I still have not gotten in the groove in my running and biking. These college classes I am taking are keeping me up late at night and early in the mornings and on the days I am not swimming I am taking time to study.

No comments: